What is the Haverstraw Collaborative?
The Haverstraw Collaborative, hosted by the Haverstraw Center, began in November 2001. The Collaborative is a group of more than 60 human services organizations, open to all community organizations that provide services to the residents of Haverstraw. The Collaborative meets the first Wednesday of every month from 12:00 – 2:00 p.m. at the Haverstraw Center, 50 West Broad Street, Haverstraw, NY 10927. For more information about the Haverstraw Collaborative, call (845) 429-5731, or email us at Haverstraw.Collaborative@vohny.com.
We come together to unite our efforts and resources for the health, safety, and well being of the children, youth, elders adults and families of Haverstraw, and to raise the quality of life for all people of our diverse community.
For all community-based organizations serving the children, youth, elders, adults and families of Haverstraw to meet monthly in a spirit of non-partisanship and cooperation in order to:
- Jointly identify emerging community needs and issues
- Network and exchange information
- Empower and build capacity of the community-based organizations in Haverstraw serving children, youth, elders, adults and families
- Collectively identify and share resources
- Find commonality of purpose, define opportunities, build trust and increase collaboration
- Increase mutual respect and resolve conflicts positively
- Centralize information and learning while eliminating duplicative efforts
- Advocate together on behalf of the children, youth, elders, adults and families of Haverstraw