The Department of Finance
Judith R. Curcio - Treasurer
Isabel Gonzalez - Deputy Clerk/Treasurer
Theresa Alderson - Sr. Account Clerk
Joseph Modafferi, CPA consultant
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM M-F
NOTE: The Village of Haverstraw has an A1 rating from Moody's Investors Service.
The Department of Finance is the accounting and financial management department for the Village of Haverstraw. Responsibilities include:
- Proper accounting of all income and expenditures of all Village departments
- Annual budget preparation
- Management of the Village debt and investments
- Tax Collection
- Bank record reconciliation
- Filing of the annual financial statement to the State Comptroller
- Payroll administration and benefits
Tax bills are mailed to homeowners and banks during the last week of May. Tax collection begins June 1st through June 31st without penalty. Taxes collected after the 31st include the following penalties added to the tax bill.Penalties:
- By June 30th - no penalty
- July 1st-31st - 5% penalty
- August 1st-31st - 6% penalty
- September 1st-30th - 7% penalty
- October 1st-31st - 8% penalty
On November 1st all unpaid taxes are turned over to the Rockland County Finance Office for collection. Taxes cannot be accepted at Village Hall after that date. No partial payments of taxes will be accepted.
Taxes can be paid by cash, personal check, money order or credit card. If you receive a tax bill which should be paid through your escrow account please forward it directly to your bank.
Senior citizens, 65 or older, and Veterans MAY be eligible for a graduated partial tax exemption. For further information contact Village Hall at (845) 429-0300 before December 1st
For any questions regarding your tax bill contact us at 429-0300.